Rain... Lord Jesus Reign.
“When an impure spirit comes out of a person, it goes through arid (DRY) places seeking rest and does not find it. 44 Then it says, ‘I will return to the house I left.’ When it arrives, it finds the house unoccupied, swept clean and put in order. 45 Then it goes and takes with it seven other spirits more wicked than itself, and they go in and live there. And the final condition of that person is worse than the first. That is how it will be with this wicked generation.” (Matthew 12:43-45)
Satan seeks DRY PLACES for rest! .
Consider the following list as a DRY PLACE survey:
1. Do you struggle to love others?
2. Do you have limited JOY?
3. Is your life full of drama... very chaotic. NO PEACE?
4. Do you have very little PATIENCE, especially as you go through tough times?
5. Have you become very HARSH in your handling of others?
6. Do you gravitate towards EVIL and EVIL DOERS (take an inventory of the company you keep)?
7. Do you find it a struggle to find your FAITH when you need it most?
8. Are you very confrontational …. void of MEEKNESS... ready to argue, fuss, and fight?
9. Do you have to have what you want all the time.... Is SELF-CONTROL an issue?
Warning: EVERY YES ANSWER REPRESENTS AN EXCESS POINT INTO YOUR LIFE FOR SATAN! Again I submit to you this truth... Satan seeks DRY PLACES!
Allow the Holy Spirit to have influence over EVERY area of your life.....
Wherever the HOLY SPIRIT reigns, DRYNESS cannot exist. The Holy Spirit at work within us makes us fertile... He prepares the ground of our inner man for GROWTH. Galatians 5 puts it this way,
"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law."
FRUIT is the proof God is ALIVE and at work within us. When there is NO FRUIT you can be sure of one thing; The inner man has become a DRY PLACE, thus susceptible to an invasion of impure spirits!
Today, let us all take a self examination. If we are to BE all that God has called us to BE, the inner condition will play an enormous part. We must allow God, through the Holy Spirit to influence every area of our lives. We should do nothing apart from His guidance. Small decision... BIG decision.... anything worth pondering is worthy of His input. Let God reign in your life, for it is the RAIN of the Holy Spirit that irrigates us and
keeps us from becoming a DRY PLACE.
Prayer: Father, make me aware of your presence daily. I invite yo